Building Culture through Corporate Transformation
Borouge is a leading provider of sustainable, innovative and value-creating plastics solutions. They have experienced an unmatched 700% capacity expansion from 2010 to 2014 (source: Borouge website). Awaken Group has been journeying with Borouge since 2012 on multiple Transformation Design projects using interventions including leadership development, capability building, executive coaching and assessments.
Given the significant and unprecedented growth and transformation Borouge has been undergoing since 2010, Borouge invited us to help build the leadership team and organizational culture to keep up with this unprecedented growth. We started the journey with the leadership team to address the question of:
How might we empower and align the leadership team to lead the organisation through a major corporate transformation while building a sustainable culture?
- To create vision for future of company and organizational alignment to the new vision
- To align the leadership team across multiple cultures to effectively lead the organization through significant transformation
- Designed and facilitated quarterly executive leadership off-sites, supported by various assessments on cultural adapatability, cultural conflict styles, personal strengths and team communications.
- Coached senior executives over 8-9 months per person to enhance leadership effectiveness.
- Customized reports of participants, which included deep interviews with peers, subordinates and superiors and use of The Leadership Circle©.
- Facilitated executive leadership conversations on the future vision and aspirations for company using inspirational case studies, industry research and on-the-ground field observations of current company operations.
- Our client rated us 4.6 out of 5 for the multiple interventions we have customised for their organization
Here's what our client has to say
“Our executive team enjoyed the leadership off-site. We had fun and learned a lot about our conflict styles to help us better understand each other. The interactive exercises (e.g., tennis court blind-fold, lego) were insightful to draw out what is actually happening within the company and brought it to life. Adam and So-Young are highly knowledgeable on this topic and brought in their experiences from other clients which we found very helpful. We continue working with Awaken Group because we enjoy working with them.”
Wim Roels, CEO, Borouge