Designing an Engaging Culture that Empowers Staff
DAMA Enterprise has risen from its humble beginnings as a trading company to becoming a leading acrylic distributor and stockist in Singapore. Given the static nature of their industry, the CEO decided to do something radical to differentiate the company—transform their workplace culture. Changing an entrenched culture is tough for any organization to tackle alone.
How can we help DAMA better understand their visions, their values and then help them develop a workplace culture that lives true to these goals?
- To understand and agree upon shared vision and values within DAMA leadership team
- To design a workplace culture that is more open and engaging
- Conducted a series of 10 capability-building workshops over a 3-month period in English and Mandarin for front-line staff to middle management
- Workshops designed to focus on teamwork, skills development thru hands on exercises and having a great experience
- DAMA team developed their own design challenges that lead to the creation of prototypes of solutions to these design challenge
- DAMA team then presented these prototype solutions to the entire company during their company retreat
- Used our unique 5-step Design Thinking process, from dreaming together with DAMA about the company’s shared vision to developing recommendations for designing a more open and engaging workplace culture
- 100% the 12 participants rated their workshop experience 4 or more out of 5
- Workplace culture witnessed a transformation within 3 months
- A coherent strategy was initiated to coordinate policies and actions across a 3-5 year timeframe
- Management team of DAMA was so happy with the impact of the workshop that they presented us with an award of appreciation!
Here's what our client has to say
“The culture is now more friendly and open.”
“Now I feel empowered to contribute to DAMA’s future.”
“The design thinking workshop has taught me steps to express my ideas.”
“The design thinking workshop has taught me knowledge that I can use for life.”