Designing a Culture of Innovation
In today's world of dizzying speed and ruthless competition, innovation is the key to sustainability. Our client (PUB) understood the necessity and urgency of innovation as a powerful source of competitive advantage and invited us to journey with them.
We were challenged to think about how to embed a culture of innovation in one of the largest utility agencies in Singapore?
- To transform and create a work culture that is safe, nurturing and collaborative over the next 2-3 years
- Designed and facilitated a 4-5 month long project hinged on a 5-step Design Thinking framework
- Co-created the organization vision and interviewed over 30 staff and management to uncover various staff personas
- Developed and prototyped multiple solutions with staff ranging from internal communications tools to digital platforms
- Designed 3-year execution plan to drive sustainable cultural change using our unique SPEC’L framework
- Management approved the recommendations
- Plans for implementation put in place including web team assembled to redesign web interface and physical innovation corner set up
- Invited us to participate in subsequent projects on capability building
- In 2015, PUB launched an internal visual collaboration ‘crowdsourcing’ platform – “Design Daily”