A New User-centric Experience Design, Brand Strategy and Brand Visual Design for Port & Porters
Since 1970, travel service provider veteran Stamford Travel has been serving customers and corporate clients from various industries, including Fortune 500. As part of a strategic imperative, the management team decided to expand and establish a luxury cruise centre under a new brand - Port & Porters.
Awaken Group journeyed with Stamford Travel to (a) establish a strong brand as a luxury cruise centre, (b) design a holistic customer experience, and (c) develop their staff-capabilities in the area of service engagement.
How might we design a new brand strategy, brand design, and a user-centric luxury customer experience for a business that has been around for more than 40 years?
- To develop a brand strategy and design for Port & Porters
- To design a holistic user experience for the new brand
- To develop their staff capabilities in the area of service engagement
- Led a 4-month long branding and experience design project based on the Design Thinking approach
- Discovered the competitive landscape through a mix of methods including nearly 30 staff and customer interviews, hours of on-site observation, 3 quantitative surveys, mystery visits and brand audits
- Developed a differentiated brand positioning, personality and created a comprehensive visual brand guide
- Developed a detailed experience design across physical, digital and human touchpoints, including detailed space concept design
- Facilitated customer engagement training session with staff as part of capability- building initiatives
- New brand identity was launched within 2 weeks of project completion at the NATAS Singapore Travel Fair
- The new e-commerce website went online 6 weeks after project completion
- Increase of 20% in customer satisfaction measured 4 months after the project
- Increase in awareness of customer engagement matrix and strategy among staff
- First ever staff training session was organized; management buy-in and commitment for future customer engagement training sessions